Unveiling the Venture Science Doctorate
Time/Date: 4-6pm, Thursday 20th of October 2022
Join us as we unveil a new programme, the Venture Science Doctorate, combining research and entrepreneurship, to put venture creation at the heart of the PhD.
Deep Science Ventures is launching a new venture-led, diversity-first PhD programme, the Venture Science Doctorate (VSD). With backing from leading partners and a supervisory network of the world's most entrepreneurial science Professors, graduate researchers will spend 1 year analysing their chosen sector, before up to 2 years of lab work, to intentionally converge on high-impact science companies.
We'll be hosting a 2-hour virtual conference to explain why a new cadre of scientists is needed, and how you - as a graduate, researcher, supervisor, funder, diversity champion, curriculum designer, or partner lab - can join us. Chaired by Dr Claire Thorne, Venture Partner at Deep Science Ventures, confirmed keynote speakers and panellists include:
- George Freeman MP, former UK Minister for Science Research and Innovation, BEIS & Biomedical start-up founder.
- Seth Bannon, Founding Partner, Fifty Years.
- Sarah Morill, Program Continuum Director, Activate.
- Thomas Kalil, CIO Schmidt Futures & former Deputy Director for Technology and Innovation, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.
- Lina Arbelaez, Head of Decarbonisation Ventures, Anglo American.
- Prof. Ramana Nanda, Director, Institute for Deep Tech Entrepreneurship, Imperial College London.
- Priya Guha MBE, Venture Partner, Merian Ventures & Board Member, UKRI.
We're excited for you to join us, please register below!
This event has now ended - completing the registration form will automatically send you a copy of the recorded webinar.